Sunday, June 1, 2008

"I'm leaving in June", and...it's June!

I think to say that I'm excited would be an understatement, and to say that I'm not nervous would be a lie.

Amid the graduation party fervor of my freshly-graduated brother and the Class of 2009, I've been getting things ready. I wired the money a little over a week ago for the fees for staying with Volunteer Kenya. My passport with multiple entry visa arrived and sits downstairs on the counter with papers and information about medical school. The AMCAS medical school application is almost finished, ready to be sent June 4th; the flag on the next ship to sail [the adventure of medical school is preceded by the hazards of the Straits of Medical School Applications...]

I've spoken with Krishna for packing tips, and gotten in contact with a few people that will be in Kenya and Tanzania this summer. Erin, also a Miami Valley School 2005 graduate, has a friend that lives in Nairobi and will be there this summer--hopefully I'll meet Anna at some point! Also, a Miami Valley School 2007 graduate, Nicole, is in Tanzania. Currently in Moshi, she's climbing Kilimanjaro for five days and then will be in Dar Es Salaam. There's a possibility that I may be able to meet her at some point in Zanzibar/Tanzania, so that's something else to look forward to.

Today, I'm going with dad and grandma to pick up odds and ends. I got a laptop battery after church, and have a short list of other things that will be necessary. Then, I'll be ready.

My flight on Tuesday leaves at 10:50AM--that'll be June 3rd, 2008. I will arrive at 9PM on June 4th.

So, off, away, commence! I'm leaving in June.

No comments: